The Zabbia Insurance Agency, Inc.
Call Us First!
If you have a loss, call us first. We will walk you through the claims process, and make sure that you get the money you deserve.
How to help protect yourself and your family in advance of a storm:
· Conduct a home inventory recording each of your possessions. It’s also helpful to keep track of model numbers and stores where items were purchased. Store your inventory, including photos and videos, in a safe place away from your home.
· Develop an evacuation plan that includes identification of safe areas, escape routes, meeting locations and plans for pets.
· Prepare an Emergency Supply Kit including a three-day supply of water, non-perishable food, radio and batteries, flashlight and first-aid kit.
· Remove any diseased and damaged limbs from trees to keep them from blowing around during a storm and causing property or automobile damage.
· Tie down any lawn furniture and toys that can become projectiles and damage your home, pool or cars.
· Purchase materials such as ¾-inch plywood that can be used to reinforce your windows, doors and garage doors. Install anchors and pre-drill holes for the plywood so you can install them quickly in the event of a storm.
· Install head and foot bolts in doors for extra protection.
Minimize your losses:
· Review your home insurance policy and coverage limits with an agent. Know what you are and are not covered for in the event of a hurricane.
· Find out if you have comprehensive auto coverage for damage to your car caused by falling objects or flood.
· Gather important documents such as insurance policies, birth certificates and identification. Make sure to place them in a waterproof container.
· Make sure you and your family are safe during and after the storm.